Are you between the ages of 14 and 17? Are you looking to gain valuable volunteer work experience?
Then you could be a volunteer at the Region of Waterloo Library! It is a great way to earn community services hours. New volunteers are always welcome.
Region of Waterloo Library volunteers:
- Earn valuable work experience
- Gain a sense of satisfaction in serving your community
- Acquire new skills and knowledge, while using their existing skills
- Meet new and interesting people with shared interests
- Support life-long learning and literacy in Waterloo Region
Becoming a Youth Volunteer
Pick up an application at any branch or print one here.
Contact the Region of Waterloo Library branch where you would like to volunteer to find out about available positions.
Youth Volunteer positions include:
- Book Buddies (may not be available at all locations)
- Children's Program Assistant - Youth
- Collections Support Volunteer - Youth
- Computer Helper
- Display and Bulletin Board Helper
- Garden helper (may not be available at all locations)
What is it like to volunteer?
Once matched to a position, staff will give volunteers an orientation to the library and will outline volunteer duties and schedules. A time commitment of approximately one to three hours a week is required, depending on the volunteer job description. Join us!