Get a Library Card
The Region of Waterloo Library serves the Townships of North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo.
Who can get a card?
The following people qualify for a free library card. All others can buy a membership for $20 per year.
- Residents who live, work, attend school or own property in any of the four Townships
- Temporary visitors to the townships (three weeks or longer)
- Members of neighbouring libraries with reciprocal borrowing arrangements (visit Borrowing from other Libraries for details)
- Region of Waterloo employees (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details)
How do I get a card?
At a branch
- Visit a branch to fill out a membership application form: Children under 16 years must have their parent/legal guardian sign their form
- Bring any library cards you may have from nearby library systems
- Provide photo I.D. or two pieces of identification with your current address
- Complete the online application form to get a temporary account and PIN (personal identification number)
- Use this account to access downloadLibrary (eBooks/eAudiobooks), Freegal, Zinio and other digital research tools
- Visit the nearest branch to get a membership card if you wish to borrow materials
Keep it Current
- Tell us when you move or change your phone number
- Renew your membership every two years
- Must renew in person at a branch location
- At time of renewal all fines must be paid in full
Your default PIN is usually the last four digits of your phone number. You are strongly encouraged to change your PIN to something only you will know.
Digital Library Card
Stocard is an app that stores loyalty and reward cards, including your library card, so you don't have to carry them!
Download for Apple or Android devices: Apple Store or Google Play
Install the app and open it. Search for and select Region of Waterloo Library. Use your device to scan the barcode on your library card.
Once set up the app will act as your digital library card. When checking out books, open the app to display your library card. Library staff can scan it just like a physical card.
Lost or stolen cards
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately to any library branch
- Patrons are responsible for all materials borrowed on a missing card if it isn't reported lost/stolen
- Replacement cards cost $2