The Region of Waterloo Library's Accessibility Materials brochure has been revised.
- Mobile guides (aka "card decks") for exploring the world
- Download the Magnus App from Google Play (Android devices) or the App Store (Apple devices)
- Find the RWL card decks under the "Fun" category
- RWL has 5 card decks to guide patrons around using the library, including:
- Finding an item on the shelf and checking it out
- Searching the catalogue and placing a hold
- Returning an item
- Signing on to a computer
- Asking for help
- There are MagnusCards for a variety of activities and locations, like museums, restaurants and more!
- Collect all the RWL card decks and explore all that Magnus has to offer.
Accessible Collection Formats Available
CELA Library Service
The Centre for Equitable Library Access (CELA) provides a broad range of materials in accessible formats and convenient delivery options for all Canadians with print disabilities.
To register for CELA service, patrons must have a Region of Waterloo Library card. Please visit a branch to obtain a library card.
If you already have a Region of Waterloo Library card, visit https://signup.celalibrary.ca to register, or contact a local branch for assistance.
CELA also provides the Region of Waterloo Library with its DAISY book collection. DAISY books are similar to a book on CD but fit on a single CD.
When played on a DAISY reader, they provide special features such as a table of contents, bookmarking, and the ability to skip parts. DAISY books may also be played on a computer or MP3-compatible CD player although without the additional functionality.
For more information on CELA service and eligibility, please visit http://www.celalibrary.ca.