The Region of Waterloo Library accepts both youth (14-17 years) and adult (18+) volunteers. New volunteers are always welcome!
Region of Waterloo Library Volunteers
- Earn valuable work experience
- Gain a sense of satisfaction by serving their community
- Acquire new skills and knowledge
- Meet new and interesting people with shared interests
- Support life-long learning and literacy in Waterloo Region
Becoming a Volunteer
Print or pick-up a youth or adult volunteer application at any RWL branch. Police Records Checks are required for positions working with children, seniors or vulnerable individuals.
Contact Library Headquarters or the branch where you would like to volunteer to find out what positions may be available. Occasionally volunteers are needed for special events too.
What is it Like to Volunteer?
Once matched to a position, volunteers receive an orientation to the library, an outline of duties, and a set schedule. A time commitment of approximately one to three hours per week is required, depending on the volunteer job description.